The photo above reminds me so much of the promise this season holds. Spring (and new beginnings) is just around the corner, friends!
It’s a few days into March, but I’m showing myself grace and acknowledging that done is better than perfect when it comes to getting these goals posted. The past few weeks have been filled to the brim between work, travelling to Connecticut to work with a client and visit with family + friends, and spending time with Kate. I feel like I’ve barely had time to catch my breath this week before heading to Georgia this weekend to give a presentation as a volunteer with my sorority! Even in these busy times, I’ve just felt so grateful to be able to choose my schedule and to be able to say “yes” when fun and exciting opportunities arise.
Before jumping into this month’s goals, here’s a recap of how things went last month:
Set a household budget + use cash for allotted categories
- Yes! I took over tracking our budget and got serious about using Mint to categorize and keep tabs on our expenses. This was a tremendous help! We also had a
Book campsites for our road trip
- Yes! We booked campsites at many of the National Parks we’ll be visiting (more on this soon, I promise!). Some have still not opened reservations, but we have reminders scheduled in our calendar for when they do!
Contact friends + family with whom we’d like to stay on our road trip
- Yes! We’ve contacted friends and family for the first half of our trip. We are still trying to finalize the schedule for the second half, so once we do, we’ll contact those folks!
Research airbnb options for the rest of our trip
- Both Kate and I have been researching options for spots to stay and have kept a running list of some of our favorites. We’re hoping to start booking them this month!
Meet with two small business owners to connect
- I actually met with three lovely ladies this past month (Ellie of Hello Tenfold, Annie of Greatest Story Creative, and Jessie of Jessie Gladdek Photography). It was so fantastic to catch up and get advice from other small business owners. I’ve also got a few fun projects up my sleeves with some of these gals, so I’ll be sharing more as those develop. P.s. if you’re a small business owner in the Triangle, drop me a line! I’d love to get to know each other over a cup of coffee!
- Read one organizing book
- No. I started one, but didn’t complete it. I realized that right now, I really want to focus on gaining some more business knowledge, so that’s where I’ll be focusing my energy for the time being.
Research + start book on finding clients
- Yes! I have a long list of books on marketing, advertising, and business to dive into. I started Dave Ramsey’s EntreLeadership and am planning to finish that up in the coming month. While it isn’t specifically about finding new clients, I gained some great ideas in that area, which I’m excited to start implementing.
Create calendar for blog + start posting regularly
- Hooray! My goal is to post, on average, twice a week, which I met. I’m excited to carry this forward into March! I’d love to know what you’d like to hear about on here, though, so that I can make these posts as beneficial as possible.
Only purchase clothing to replace ones that no longer fit
- Mostly. I bought some new exercise clothes and jeans to purchase ones that were too big, but definitely bought more than I “needed.”
Complete Whole30 + decide on food plan going forward
- We successfully finished Whole30 and the reintroduction of the non-compliant food groups. So proud of that accomplishment! We have a loose plan on how we’d like to eat moving forward, but need to really buckle down to implement this.
Plan two group events with friends
- We had a really fun day playing board games with friends, and purchased a Groupon to a local ziplining place for some sort of swing that they have set up.
- Finish scanning family memorabilia
- Nope. I’m still working on this and came back from Connecticut with even more photographs and other items to scan and share with family members. I really want to get through all of this before we leave for our road trip!
Overall, I’m really proud of what got done this past month! I also checked off nearly all of the weekly goals that I set up, which made me feel much more focused and purposeful.
And with that, here are my goals for this month:
- Go for a hike with Kate
- Now that the weather’s getting warmer, I want to prioritize getting out into nature and soaking up some sunshine.
- Host budget meetings with Kate as needed
- We’ve tried scheduling weekly meetings to go over our budget in the past to mixed success, but this past month we had a few, and they have been so helpful! I’ve scheduled them in our calendar, added things I wanted to discuss to the notes, and then we made sure we made them happen.
- Spend one weekend social media-free
- I’ve been making excuses for not doing this, which is a sign to me that it needs to be a priority. Any tips you have on this would be much appreciated!
- Volunteer twice in the community
- In addition to volunteering with my sorority this coming weekend, I’m looking forward to continue being involved with service through our church and Junior League.
- Schedule Groupon activities
- In addition to the ziplining Groupon, I also got one for doing a brewery tour with Kate, and another for getting my car cleaned, so I want to be sure these things happen before they expire!
- Continue road trip planning
- I’m so excited to keep making reservations and plans to see friends and family while we’re on our trip.
- Attend two networking events
- Meeting new people has been the best way to connect with potential clients, so I want to continue putting myself out there.
- Finish EntreLeadership and start a second business book
- Finalize my business giving plan and add giving section to website
- I’ve been sponsoring events for local non-profits, but I want to make charitable giving an even bigger part of my business. If you have done this and have any tips, I’m all ears!
- Be fully present and open-hearted for the Making Things Happen conference
- This has been a big dream of mine for several years now, and I am so excited to finally attend. I really want to make the most of my time there and get the most out of it I possibly can!
What about you? I can’t wait to hear how your past month went and what you have on tap for the coming weeks!