Y’all. Between Making Things Happen, fantastic clients, and seasonal allergies that have been kicking my behind, I’m just now getting my April goals and March recap posted. I’ve been feeling guilty about neglecting this little space, but realized I just need to get over it! I’m doing my best and making lots of great things happen. They just don’t always show up in this space! Moving forward, I’m going to strive to be more consistent in my posts here, but will also be showing myself some serious grace. If you have a blog, I’d love to hear: what keeps you consistently posting?
And with that out of the way, let’s dive into a recap of last month’s goals. One thing I realized as I reflected on the past month was that I need to lower my expectations for how many things I think I can accomplish during my busiest seasons. For me (at least as I come up on my first year of business), those seem to be spring and fall.
A recap of my March goals:
Go for a hike with Kate
- Check! We went on a new-to-us trail here in Chapel Hill in the Carolina North Forest. We hadn’t seen much of each other in the few days prior to our hike and were in crabby moods, but spending time walking + talking for over an hour helped us to reconnect and improved our spirits immensely. So glad this was one of my goals last month!
Host budget meetings with Kate as needed
- Spend one weekend social media-free
- No. I did spend two days without social media while at Making Things Happen, but I am not counting that.
Volunteer twice in the community
- Yes! I spent a lovely weekend in Georgia facilitating a presentation on branding for an undergraduate chapter of my sorority and helped clean up + get organized after our church’s annual rummage sale.
- Schedule Groupon activities
Continue road trip planning
- Yes. We made more reservations for our trip and pretty much have our itinerary finalized. Hooray!
Attend two networking events
- Again, yes. I went to a local Wake Up Wednesday event, which is always great, and to my first networking event with my Junior League chapter. I loved having the chance to meet new folks and share my passion for helping folks remove the clutter to make room for what matters most!
- Finish EntreLeadership and start a second business book
- No. I was on such a roll with reading earlier this year, but in March that totally fell off. I’m looking forward to getting lots of reading done during our long drives this summer.
- Finalize my business giving plan and add giving section to website
- No. This is still something that’s on my heart, but I just didn’t make time to make it happen. I’m going to be working on rebranding + updating my website this summer, so I think it will make more sense to launch this at that time!
Be fully present and open-hearted for the Making Things Happen conference
- Oh, y’all. This conference. It totally rocked my world in the best possible way. I’m still processing and figuring out how to implement all that I learned, but I’m so thankful for everyone I met and for the incredible speakers. I’d highly recommend this experience if you’re on the hunt for a conference to attend!
And now onto April. Let me preface this by saying that I laid out my goals at the beginning of the month and have been making some great progress; I just haven’t posted them here until now! I wanted to say that in case you’re thinking that I’m totally crazy for trying to accomplish all of this in the next two weeks.
- Begin a (slightly modified version of the) contentment challenge
- Complete three books of the Bible
- I’m reading Mark, Acts, + James for various Bible studies
- Get wedding rings resized
- This is something I’ve been meaning to do for ages. Can’t wait for them to properly fit!
- Attend two networking events
- I’m trying to make this a regular practice, so I’m putting this here to hold myself accountable.
- Go on a date with Kate
- Life moves pretty fast (said in my best Ferris Bueller voice), so we want to spend some intentional time together in the coming weeks. Event though we’ll be together a lot this summer, we don’t want to put this off until then!
- Finalize + share our trip itinerary
- It will feel so good to have this completed. Can’t wait to get the final puzzle pieces into place.
- Book a storage unit
- Even though we’re not leaving until the end of May, since we live in an area with so many colleges, there’s more of a sense of urgency with this to find one before they’re all booked!
- Schedule Groupon activities
- A carry over from last month.
What about you? What have you been working toward so far this month? How did March go? I’d love to hear in the comments!